10 Natural Ways To Get Beautiful Right Now
Looking your best doesn't have to be expensive or unnatural. Here are 10 easy ways to get beautiful, naturally, right now:
(Source - MindBodyGreen)
*Secrets of Eyebrows - Eyebrows look best when filled in with a soft pencil or powder.
* To get the most from your facial products, rub it between your hands before applying, this action produces heat,making any cosmetic more spreadable.
* Raw potato slices contain potassium to take away dark circles under the eye.
* Always apply makeup to a clean face, your make up will go on more smoothly, more evenly, and last much longer.
* Bend the tip of your mascara wand until it's angled to resemble a dentist's mirror. The wand will be easier to control, and the brush will give better coverage.
* Bronzer is a fantastic versatile product, use it to shadow eyes, as a finishing powder for lips, to soften eyebrows, and as a finishing powder to set make up.
* The general rule for playing with colour is that the darker your skin tone, the darker the darker the colour, because darker skin tends to absorb colour.
* Hemorrhoid cream is the secret back stage of top runways. Models use it on puffy eyes, along the jaw line, and on puffy cheeks. It is an instant face lift, and a favourite of the die-hard party-goers.
* Sleep on a Satin Pillow Case.
* If you drink iced water you burn calories.
* Brush your lips with a toothbrush to take away any chapping and plump lips for that sought after pouty look.
* Kelp tablets speed up your metabolism.
* Flash photography bleaches out cosmetics so go heavier on your make up when having your picture taken.
* Grow parsley for fresh breath.
* Make sure to wash after shampooing and conditioning your hair, hair products leave a residue of oil on your shoulders and back.
* Work off cellulite in your tub. Lie on your stomach, bend one knee, raise and lower heel to the ceiling. Try not to drown doing this exercise!
* Sleeping on your back can save you from dozens of wrinkles over the years.
* A slightly cool room is actually a beauty treatment, a room that is too hot can cause you to perspire which increases oil production, which clogs the skin's pores. Equally important is to sleep on (and in) bed clothing that "breathes."
* Elevate your head with a firm pillow to eliminate puffiness.
Relaxing detox bath
2 cups Epsom salts
2 cups sea salt
6 drops lavender essential oil
Ultimate detox bath
2 cups Epsom salt
2 cups Organic apple cidar vinegar
2 litres of organic whole milk or buttermilk
6 drops of essential oil
Harmony bath: for calming nerves and hormones
4 drops geranium essential oil
4 drops clary sage essential oil
1 drop basil essential oil
Make your own bath oil: Simply add your favourite essential oils to a vegetable oil base like olive, almond or apricot kernel oil. Use six drops of essential oil per one tablespoon of base oil. Mix the oils together well and store in a glass bottle. Pour into the bath and stir the water to disperse.
When you get out: If you have dry skin, moisturise with a small amount of oil such as coconut, sweet almond or apricot kernel. Scent with a few drop of essential oil.
What You Put ON Your Body Is as Important as What You Put IN It
(source MindBodyGreen via DailyMail)
- Permanently avoid any products that contain “the dirty dozen” toxic ingredients: parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, propylene glycol, DEA, diazolidinyl urea, butyl acetate, butylated hydroxytoluene, ethyl acetate, toluene, triethanolamine, petrolatum and “fragrance.” For a more comprehensive list of toxic ingredients go to Teens Turning Green.
- Read all ingredient labels carefully! The US government does not regulate the words “natural” or “organic.” To carry USDA Organic Seal of Approval, at least 95 percent of the ingredients must be organic. No seal, no purchase!
- If you can purge the products, throw away everything in your bathroom, kitchen, etc. that contains the ingredients listed above, and replace them with toxin-free alternatives.
- If the idea of tossing everything is too overwhelming, or cost prohibitive, set a goal of replacing one item per week or month until you have replaced everything.
(Source MindBodyGreen, Author - Dr. Amy Myers)